The Student Advisory Board is a group of students who want to take an active role in shaping the future of HS Insider. Students video conference every other week to help plan events, shape content areas and push new initiatives. If you are a dedicated high school storyteller who wants to help lead HS Insider, join us below! Students from any state are encouraged to apply.
SAB member expectations:
- Must be available to meet by video call every other Monday from 6 to 7:30 p.m. until mid-June to help HS Insider shape and execute various initiatives
- Help lead events, conferences and other HS Insider digital projects
- Priority on special reporting opportunities
- Special event access
- Direct communication and leadership opportunities with L.A. Times journalists and staff members
What has SAB done in the past?
- Members of the Student Advisory Board led the successful Immigration & project, and Change Starts with Us. Their involvement included pitching the concept, editing student work and writing their own pieces
- SAB helps plan IRL events and our involvement in the Festival of Books
- SAB plans new digital initiatives for the HS Insider platform, including the framework for a student copy editing program
The deadline to apply is Sunday, Jan. 19 at 11:59 p.m. PST.
Any questions? Email Molly Heber at firstname.lastname@example.org.