Now anyone can “Bring Him Home” with the highly anticipated release of the stellar movie event of the year. Buckle up and brace for the thrilling journey that is Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment’s THE MARTIAN, arriving on Digital HD December 22 and 3D Blu-ray™, Blu-ray & DVD Jan.12, 2016.
From legendary director Ridley Scott (Alien, Prometheus) comes a gripping tale of human strength and the will to survive. During a mission to Mars, American astronaut Mark Watney (played by Academy Award winner Matt Damon) is presumed dead and left behind. But Watney is still alive. Against all odds, he must find a way to contact Earth in the hope that scientists can devise a rescue plan to bring him home. Based on the best-selling novel by Andy Weir, THE MARTIAN provides a realistic glimpse into life in outer-space that will have you on the edge of your seat!
The 3D Blu-ray™, Blu-ray™ and Digital HD release will have more than 90 minutes of special features including an exclusive newly produced in-world retrospective starring Jeff Daniels, Chiwetel Ejiofor and Sean Bean covering the “true” story behind the daring rescue seven years after the events of the film occurred. The Martian also includes two making of documentaries, a gag reel and more. Now you can become part of the universal phenomenon that has taken the galaxy by storm in the comfort of your own home.
THE MARTIAN BLU-RAY™ SPECIAL FEATURES
- Signal Acquired: Writing and Direction
- Learn how the producers brought an acclaimed novel, a master director and a stellar cast together for THE MARTIAN.
- Occupy Mars: Casting and Costumes
- Matt Damon and his ensemble of incredibly talented actors discuss their roles in THE MARTIAN.
- 5 Theatrical In-World Pieces
- Ares III: Farewell
- The Right Stuff
- Ares: Our Greatest Adventure
- Leave Your Mark
- Bring Him Home
- Ares III: Refocused
- Seven years after the events of Ares 3, take a deeper look at the true story behind Mark Watney’s daring rescue
- Gag Reel
- Production Gallery
Courtesy of TWENTIETH CENTURY FOX HOME ENTERTAINMENT